Details: 12 Days Cross Country Tour - Motorbike Tour From North To South Vietnam
Day 1. Hanoi – Mai Chau . 200km, 7hr ride.
- 800AM, Meeting at your hotel and transfer by bus to Vietnamontrails Garage, from there you will take the bike and start your first day drive to Mai Chau village.
- Mixture of good roads and small dirt roads, village tracks. Beautiful limestone mountain scenery of the Northwestern region.
- Lunch picnic on route.
- Overnight and special dinner in a local house of the Thais Minority family.
- Traditional music performance.
Day 2. Mai Chau – Tan Ky. 300km. 7hr ride.
- Breakfast then say goodbye to the family.
- Whole morning ride through local villages, small paved road and dirt tracks. Discover the forgotten Ho Chi Minh Trails left from the War time.
- Lunch in local restaurant. Afternoon ride on smooth road all the way to Tan Ky town where we spend the night at a small hotel.
- Simple dinner in local restaurant.
Day 3. Tan Ky – Phong Nha. 300km. (Half day ride)
- Early Breakfast. Easy ride on the smooth road all the way to Phong Nha – Ke Bang, the biggest and most beautiful cave in Vietnam and Indochina, it’s now a UNESCO World Natural Heritage site.
- Lunch picnic on route, and arrive early at the hotel.
- Boat trip in the afternoon to discover the Son River and its giant Cave.
- Good dinner and overnight at hotel in Phong Nha
Day 4. Phong Nha – Khe Sanh. 250km 8 hr ride.
- Whole day ride through the National park by taking the famous Western Ho Chi Minh Trail towards the former DMZ, which were sprayed heavily by Agent Orange during the Vietnam War.
- Spectacular scenic road, but very hilly and twisty. Lunch in local restaurant.
- Make a visit to the former US Air base upon arrive at Khe Sanh.
- Diner and overnight at a small hotel in Khe Sanh.
Day 5. Khe Sanh – Hue. 190km. 6hr ride.
- Riding all the way downhill toward the coastal region.
- A day with many stops to visit the historical sites left from the Vietnam War time.
- Beautiful drive along the coast and through the rice farming region.
- Start joining the National road No1to the beautiful city of Hue (Former capital of Vietnam) which lies along the banks of the Perfume River.
- Good diner and hotel.
Day 6 Hue – Hoi An, 150km, 4 ride. (Half day ride)
- Whole morning, make a visit to the Citadel of Hue, Capital of Vietnam during 142 years, 1803 – 1945), boat trip on the perfume river.
- Afternoon, Join the National Highway 1 and head up the Hai Van Pass (Cloudy Pass
- Arrive in Hoi An, the World Heritage site, a major trading center in SE Asia in the 16th and 17th
- Good dinner and hotel in Hoi An.
Day 7. Hoi An (Relaxing)
- Whole day, free time to relax or shopping.
Hoi An was an important Vietnamese trading center in the 16th and 17th centuries, where Chinese from various provinces as well as Japanese, Dutch and Indians settled down. During this period of the China trade, the town was called Hai Pho (Seaside Town) in Vietnamese.
During the French colonial period (1883 – 1945), the town is known to the French and Spanish as Faifo, and by similar names in Portuguese and Dutch. A number of theories have been put forth as to the origin of this name. Some scholars have suggested that it comes from the word “Hai pho” meaning “sea town”, while others have said that it seems more likely to simply be a shortening of Hoi An pho, “the town of Hoi An”, to “Hoi pho” which became “Faifo”.
In 1999, the old town was declared a World Heritage site by UNESCO (the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) as a well-preserved example of a Southeast Asian trading port of the 15th to 19th centuries, whose buildings display a unique blend of local and foreign influences.
Today, Hoi An is still a small city, but it attracts a fair number of tourists, also being a well-established place on the backpacker trail. Many visit for the numerous art and craft shops and tailors, who produce made-to-measure clothes for a fraction of the western price.
Day 8. Hoi An – Kon Tum. 300km 7hr ride.
- Leaving the lowland and ride up to the Western mountains range. Mixture of small dirt tracks and good open roads, hilly and twisty all the way to Kontum, the City of the Highland people.
- Lunch in local restaurant. Dinner and night at hotel.
Day 9. Kontum – Buon Me Thuot. 250km, 7hr ride.
- Another day ride filled up with beautiful highland and valley views.
- Mixture of goods road and dirt roads along the border of Cambodia.
- Picnic lunch on route. Dinner and night at hotel.
Day 10. Buon Me Thuot – Da lat. 250km, 7 hr ride.
- Continue riding to the Southern highland region. Beautiful scenery route, farming land, water falls…
- Mixture of small paved road and dirt tracks. Lunch picnic.
- Da lat, the Capital of the highland people, center of coffee and agriculture produces.
- Good dinner and hotel.
Day 11. Dalat – Nam Cat Tien. 250km, 7 hr ride.
- Leaving the highland region, and ride all the way downhill to the last Natural reserve, before getting to the busy civilized City of Saigon.
- Smooth road and dirt tracks, lunch in local restaurant.
- Good dinner, stay overnight at a family hotel.
Day 12. Nam Cat Tien – Sai Gon. 180 km, half day ride.
- Mixture of good road and sometime small dirt tracks. River ferry crossing.
- Ride to the finish point where we say goodbye to the bike.
- Transfer by bus or taxi to the hotel in Sai Gon. Tour finished.
TOUR COST FULL PACKAGE 12 DAYS TRIP
The following cost has been calculated for a party from 1 – 15 people.
|Tours use trail bike CRF/KLX 250 – 300||Cost||Tours use trail bike CRF/KLX 150||Cost|
|Group of 1 rider||$2.400 USD||Group of 1 rider||$1.800 USD|
|Group from 2 – 6 riders||$1.800 USD||Group of 2 – 6 riders||$1.400 USD|
|Group from 7 riders||$1.560 USD||Group from 7 riders||$1.200 USD|
|Pillion passenger||$1.000 USD||Pillion passenger||$1.000 USD|
Customers take single room at hotel, extra charge: 30$ US /night.
- Trail Bike as Honda or Kawasaki 150cc – 250cc – 300cc with material insurance
- Experienced motorbike Tour – guide/Mechanic.
- Meals as mentioned: Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner
- Accommodation (standard hotels 2 – 3 stars – Home-stay)
- Fee to transfer the bike back to Hanoi
- Entrance fee to the sightseeing during the trip.
- Drinking water during the driving time.
- Support truck (Applied for groups from 5 riders)
- International air tickets.
- Vietnam visa.
- Travel Insurance. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
- Optional Activities
- Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
- Personal expenditure such as telephone, laundry, shopping and any other services not clearly mentioned in the program.
Hotel List: Be Confirmed when booking the trip.
BOOKING TERMS & CONDITIONS
As per our company policy, booking will only be confirmed on receipt of advance deposit.
- Tour package:
- Single travel service such as car rental, air tickets bookings or hotel reservations:
Deposit and Payment
Deposit can be settled by cash or wire transfer 90 days at least before the departure. The balance can be paid by cash or credit cards upon your arrival in Vietnam.
There is no fee for any change or amendment you make prior to your final confirmation. Otherwise, amendment or cancellation fees may be charged (subject to Vietnamontrails tour supplier policy). Because we will launch the booking reservation immediately after we receive your final confirmation and starting from that point, service’s amendment/cancellation fees may be applied by our local service providers such as hotel, restaurants, airlines companies…
Please note that we will not charge you any fee if our service providers do not charge us.