7 Days Riding Northern Vietnam
Details: 7 Days Riding Northern Vietnam
DAY 1. (B,L,D). HANOI – MAI CHAU VILLAGE. 170km (Full day ride)
– 8.30AM: Meet at your hotel and transfer by taxi to the bikes Garage, from there you will take the bike and start your first day ride to the Northwest of Hanoi – Mai Chau village.
– Mixture of paved roads, village tracks and off-road trails. Spectacular scenery along the Ma River. Boat trip crossing river and riding though bamboo forests. Lunch at a local restaurant on route then stop to visit a bamboo chopsticks factory.
– 16h30: Arrive in Mai Chau village, a beautiful village located in the middle of the limestone mountain valley. Dinner and overnight at a local family Home-stay.
DAY 2. (B,L,D). MAI CHAU VILLAGE – SON LA TOWN. 160KM (Full day ride)
– Say goodbye to the family and head up North to Son La Province. The twisty small tracks take us up and down through many high mountain passes. Many stops along the way to visit and discover the local life and admire beautiful view points. A full day ride on small tracks, off-road dirt trails.
– Lunch picnic on route.
– 16h30: Arrive in Son La Town, where we will have a night at a small hotel. Dinner in town.
DAY 3. (B,L,D) SON LA – MU CANG CHAI VILLAGE. 160km (Full day ride)
– A full day ride uphill on dirt tracks and village trails, spectacular landscape as we ride over many high mountain tops (1.500 – 1.700m/Sea level). Stop to visit the biggest hydro electric station in Southeast Asia. Lunch in a village near a hot spring source.
– 16h00: Arrive in Mu Cang Chai Village, check in a small family homestay. Dinner and overnight at a local family.
DAY 4. (B,L,D). MU CANG CHAI VILLAGE – SAPA TOWN 160KM (Full day ride)
– After breakfast, we say goodbye to the family then continue the drive up north. The road goes along the valleys and high mountain ranges. Many stop to visit the local villages along the route and take photos of the view point.
– Stop to make a picnic lunch on a viewpoint in the mountain. In the afternoon, drive over the Hoang Lien Son, the highest mountain range, stop on the 2000m view point to admire the beauty of the rice field on terraces.
– Arrive in Sapa in the early afternoon. Check-in the hotel then take a walk to visit the town.
– Dinner typical Vietnamese cuisine. Overnight at a good view hotel.
DAY 5. (B,L,D). SAPA – HA GIANG town (Full day ride)
– Start from Sapa and drive to Lao Cai town, a short stop to visit the Chinese border. Continue to Viet Quang by taking a small road going along the Chinese border, during your drive, you will have chances to visit many roadside ethnic villages and markets. Stop for lunch in Viet Quang town. Arrive in Ha Giang in the afternoon, Dinner and overnight at home stay
DAY 6. (B,L,D). HAGIANG – BABE LAKE 180km (Full day ride)
– After breakfast, We leave Meo Vac for Ba Be. The scenic route climbs over many Passes where we can enjoy beautiful mountain ranges and rivers, just an amazing place to be. Lunch in a local restaurant in Bao Lac, After 30 km on paved road after Bao Lac, we will take a small beautiful trail going through the jungle, driving across many streams and shallow rivers, a great day for off-road drive experience.
– Continue to Babe lake where the landscape is amazing and the home stay is another unique experience. Dinner and overnight stay at home stay of a Tay family.
DAY 7. (B,L,D). BABE LAKE – HANOI 240KM (Full day ride)
– Staying off the main road for as long as possible we head back towards the Red River Delta, passing through areas inhabited by Hmong, Dao, Tay and Nung minority peoples. A mixture of both challenging track and glorious sealed road all the way back to Hanoi.Arrive in Hanoi in the early afternoon.
– Tour end
Night 1: Home-stay at Thai Family, everyone shares a big house
Night 2: Standard hotel
Night 3: Home-stay at Thai Family, everyone shares a big house
Night 4: Standard hotel
Night 5: Home-stay at Tay Family, everyone shares a big house
Night 6: Home-stay at Thai Family, everyone shares a big house
– Trip cost for the rider is 1.015 USD/per person.
– Customers take a single room at the hotel, the extra charge is 25 USD/per night. (applied for 3 nights at hotel only)
– Trip cost for the pillion passenger is 650 USD/per person
– Dual sport Bike as Honda CRF/KLX 250cc with material insurance
– Experienced motorbike Tour Guide/Mechanic.
– Meals as mentioned: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner (B,L,D)
– Accommodation ( 3 nights at standard hotels, 3 nights at local family home-stay)
– Entrance fee to the sightseeing during the trip.
– Drinking water during the driving time.
– Support truck for luggage (Applied for groups from 5 riders)
NOT INCLUDED SERVICES
– International air tickets.
– Travel Insurance. All persons are expected to arrange their own insurance. We highly recommend purchasing travel insurance from home.
– Optional Activities
– Beverage and alcoholic drinks.
– Personal expenditure such as telephone, laundry, shopping and any other services not clearly mentioned in the program.